Themen-Optionen
Alt 02.06.11, 16:37:03
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House
IRC Zeilen: 73

Silberne Postauszeichnung Bronzener Topposter Core-Award Blecherner Postaward 

E3 2011: Batman: Arkham City -- Play as Catwoman
Grab your whip and your fetishist gear, there's a new queen of Gotham.

Batman: Arkham City is a big world. So big, Batman could hardly patrol it himself. That's why developer Rocksteady decided to give you a second option when traversing the rooftops -- Catwoman is playable throughout Arkham City.

This isn't some cheap character model swap; Catwoman has her own moves, her own method of travel, her own story, and her own motivations. Unlike Batman, she's not in Arkham City to restore order. She could care less about who is pulling the strings or what their endgame plan is for Gotham. It turns out Hugo Strange took the prized possessions of every big criminal in the city and stashed them somewhere in the city. Catwoman plans to use the chaos in Arkham City to swipe some serious loot.

This isn't just a side story, though. Catwoman's tale is intertwined with Batman's narrative. About 10% of Arkham City's story has you playing as Catwoman and it's a very different experience than controlling the Dark Knight.

Catwoman doesn't have a bunch of gadgets. Instead, she relies on her whip and a couple of handy tools worthy of a burglar (or ninja), such as caltrops (little spikes that slow enemies). The whip can be used not only to strangle baddies, but also to swing across the city. This doesn't get her a ton of extension or height, so expect to stick to the lower portion of the city -- including the sewers.

Find out the Riddler's role in Arkham City.
She's quick, too. Much faster and more nimble than Batman, she can get through narrow spaces and even crawl along ceilings. She's not a brute either, so expect her missions to have a stealth focus; requiring you to sneak through areas, pick the pockets of security guards, and swipe goods before anyone realizes you were ever there.

But what to steal? Fortunately, Catwoman has her own special vision power: Thief Vision. At first, you might mistake this for Batman's overly helpful Detective Mode, but Catwoman gets no obvious clues as to what to do next. Her vision helps her in one way: Seeing what's worth stealing. That can often be tied to a game objective, since Gotham's famed cat-burglar is, after all, going to be involved in thievery whenever she dons the cat ears.

I know E3 offers only the quickest glimpse at games, but it looks like Rocksteady got it right. Not only did it feel like I was playing Catwoman and not some Batman clone, it also fit how I'd imagine Catwoman would exist in Gotham City. If Batman: Arkham Asylum was the Batman game everyone always wanted, maybe Arkham City is the Catwoman game we never knew we could have.

She's like Batman, only better.
Again, it's only about 10% of the total game, but it's not half-assed. Everything is scaled down to what can be managed in that slice of game time. So, instead of a dozen or more gadgets, Catwoman has three -- but all of them can be upgraded, just like Batman's wonderful toys. There are more than 400 Riddler Trophies in Batman: Arkham City and a small portion can only be nabbed by Catwoman. Basically, all the elements of the experience playing as Batman (Riddler stuff, combat, upgrades, open city, story) are also given to Catwoman. She's not some cheap add-on.

I'm sure playing as Catwoman while Batman goes off to twiddle his thumbs won't sit well with everyone. It suits me just fine. I wouldn't have any problem playing the Dark Knight from start to finish, but since the Catwoman sections are being handled with as much care as the rest of the game, the experience from start to finish should be consistent, regardless of the character you're playing.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172188p1.html
Hier noch der Link zum Trailer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_bYG...layer_embedded

Insgesamt werden in der nächste Woche wahrscheinlich viele neue Infos, Pics und Videos ans Tageslicht kommen, da die E3 ja nächste Woche sattfindet. Ich werde natürlich versuchen so viel wie möglich hier zu posten!

Lord Batman: I used to think that, too. But what have you ever accomplished from there? Besides from scaring a few punks half to death and putting a few more in jail.
Batman: It all adds up.
Lord Batman: Not fast enough. If you really want to make a difference, want to change the system instead of just patching it, you've got to step into the sunlight. Take over, like we did.
Lord Batman: Think about it - a world where there's no crimes. No victims. No pain.
Batman: And no choice! Who elected you, anyway?
Lord Batman: Who elected *you*? The problem with democracy is, it doesn't keep you very safe.
Batman: It has other virtues. But you seem to have forgotten that.
Lord Batman: *I* didn't forget! I just chose peace and security instead.
Batman: You grabbed power!
Lord Batman: And with that power, we've made a world where no eight-year-old boy will ever lose his parents because of some punk with a gun!
Batman: You win.
Alt 06.06.11, 20:16:53
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

Wer will kan hier gleich eine erste Demo zu B:AC sehen!!! Ca. 20.30 Uhr!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/e3-live.html

Lord Batman: I used to think that, too. But what have you ever accomplished from there? Besides from scaring a few punks half to death and putting a few more in jail.
Lord Batman: Not fast enough. If you really want to make a difference, want to change the system instead of just patching it, you've got to step into the sunlight. Take over, like we did.
Lord Batman: Think about it - a world where there's no crimes. No victims. No pain.
Lord Batman: Who elected *you*? The problem with democracy is, it doesn't keep you very safe.
Lord Batman: And with that power, we've made a world where no eight-year-old boy will ever lose his parents because of some punk with a gun!
Alt 07.06.11, 12:25:13
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

Heute Abend ab 23:00 Uhr gibt es bei IGN eine Live Demo zu Arkham City!!!

Alt 08.06.11, 20:35:12
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

Tolle Demo von IGN über 22 Minuten!!! Mit freiem Gleiten über der Stadt, Two Face, Catwoman und zum ersten mal mit dem Riddler!

Unbedingt anschauen!!!

Alt 06.07.11, 13:41:11
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

Hier nochmal 2 neue Videos. Das Erste mit direct Gameplay ohne Kommentar und das zweite ganz neu von heute aus Frankreich auf der Präsentation von Rocksteady!

Alt 11.07.11, 16:33:24
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

Der Riddler hat seinen eigenen Trailer bekommen!!!

Alt 16.08.11, 14:09:53
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

Und der nächste Trailer!!!

Alt 02.10.11, 17:46:31
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

So langsam trudeln die ersten Reviews zu Batman Arkham City ein.

Und direkt mal ne 10/10!!! Das wird einfafch soooooo ein geiles Game werden!!!
Batman: Arkham City AUS OPM Review 10/10

Official Playstation Magazine Australia have given their verdict on Batman: Arkham City. The game has been given a 10/10 and has been refered as being "one of the best games ever made". Extracts from the review can be found below.

"Batman: Arkham City is not only the best superhero game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made full-stop. It takes the already superlative original and gloriously expands on it. It's a deeper game, more complex, more inventive, more mature. It brings the caped crusader's world to life better than any comic, movie or television show before it."

"Presentation: Endlessly creative, perfectly moody, and technically flawless. This is Epic's Unreal engine pushed to its absolute limit."

"Sound: Alternatively foreboding and frantic, the game's orchestral soundtrack matches the on-sccreen action perfectly. Voice acting is brilliant."

"Controls: Complex and initially overwhelming but also logical and responsive. It'll take a while to get used to them, but once you do it feels perfectly natural flinging Batman around."

"Replay Value: Immense. A massive main quest, dozens of side missions, Riddler challenges, secondary game modes, and DLC will keep most people occupied for months."

"VERDICT: We can't imagine how a superhero game could be better than this. Absolutely sublime."

10/10

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.ph...f6d374a80c6975

Alt 19.10.11, 18:42:24
Timbo
Benutzerbild von Timbo
Dr. House

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Ich habe es!!!!! Das beste Spiel aller Zeiten ist endlich in meinem Besitz und ich werde es bis zum umfallen zocken!!!

Bewertung zu diesem Post
Coke meint:

Alt 19.10.11, 19:23:27
Ezio
Benutzerbild von Ezio
Registered Users
Style: Retro
IRC Zeilen: 26983
Quizrunden gewonnen: 40

Bronzener Topposter Spenden-Award Spenden-Award Blecherner Postaward 

Wie jetzt? Release ist doch erst Freitag!? Oder wurde der vorgezogen?

Antwort
Lesezeichen
Facebook

Direkt antworten
Nachricht:
Benutzername: 
Email (nicht ausfüllen!): Sicherheitsgrafik
Optionen

« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »